Friday, September 25, 2009

Price Matching at Walmart

Today was a successful trip to Walmart. My cute friend Jessica helped show me the ropes of price matching!! I thought for sure it was going to be a stressful experience with Walmart's almost no customer service policy, but it was GREAT! We had a very nice cashier and it all went pretty smoothly. After I had talked to the Walmart customer service, I wanted to see if they would take my $5 off $20 from Rite Aid. It does say "Manufacturer Coupon". They had an issue because it didn't scan, but sure enough, they took it. Too bad I didn't bring more!! My total after price matching came to $165 but I paid out of pocket $85.39 from coupons. I guess it does pay off to price match and it sure was a lot better getting fresh fruits and veggies instead of all the junk food. It also was nice to get everything at one store. Yes, I did buy store brand instead of name brand but can anyone really tell the difference?

Here is what I bought:
1 cantaloupe
1 bunch of cilantro
3 lbs of yellow onions
1 medium sized Apple vinegar
3 2 lbs of brown sugar
1 10 lb bag of white sugar
2 1 lb bags of baby carrots
1 gallon orange juice
1 dozen eggs
1 gallon milk
2 pints of sour cream
2 cans of olives
2 cans of oj concentrate
4 bottles of 20 oz Ketchup
1 Huge bottle of veggie oil
4 bell peppers
1 bag of coleslaw
1 bag of organic limes
20 yoplait yogurts
7 airwick air fresheners
4 glade sense and spray
bananas
1 case of nestle water (thought I needed it for the Purelife rebate, but I don't!! dang it!!)
8 things of Sara Lee lunch meat

Not too bad?!! I also like that it is all healthy food. We didn't even step in the snack food isle or the cereal isle....FANTASTIC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment